Friday, May 1, 2009

090501 Summer Movies

Hello everyone. This is just me blogging once again. Nothing important, just kind of felt the need to get on here and type.

So the summer movie season officially started today when the clock struck midnight. X-Men Origins: Wolverine is the first big budget blockbuster out the door. And it is a pretty good one at that. If X-Men: The Last Stand left a bad taste in your mouth, this one should do a good enough job of getting that out of there. I liked it enough to want to watch it again and I may just do that before I head on out next week to catch the midnight showing of Star Trek. Been hearing a lot of good things on that one, so now I am even doubly pumped to see it. Want to see what they did to revamp and reinvent the series is and if it is worth it. Then the following week I am off to see Angels and Demons and I hope they do a better job of staying with the characters than they did in The DaVinci Code. Still, I liked it for what it was. Then the following week is the release of Terminator: Salvation with Christian Bale and since I am a fan of both Bale and the Terminator series, I will be at the midnight showing of that as well. And finally wrapping up May, and just the first month of the summer movie season, Up launches into theaters and you all know that being the big Disney/Pixar fan that I am I just have to see that one as well. All I know is that May is going to just kill my wallet. I need to save money to get a new laptop, but with all the anime coming out and the summer movie season starting, I may not get around to doing that until August. Oh well.

But can you believe how many (hopefully?) good movies are coming out just in May alone. I am kind of happy that June seems to be a little more easy on my budget than May is. I mean, there are some movies that I want to see in June, especially Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, which I will also be going to the midnight screening, at the end of the month, but for the most part, June seems kind of lacking to me. I mean, what do you have releasing there…Land of the Lost and Year One. I want to watch them, but they are not of great importance to go see. Not as much as the May set ones were or Transformers. July seems to be a better month for movies than June. I mean in July, you have Public Enemies, Bruno, and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince all coming out within one week of each other. Still, only one movie that will make me go to the ever popular midnight showing and that is the Harry Potter movie. And then finally in August, you have movies like G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, and which I have really big doubts about but will still go see at midnight, District 9 which looks pretty good from what I have seen so far, Inglorious Basterds which I will go see because I love all that is Quentin Tarantino, and finally to end the summer movie season, we have H2 which completes that Rob Zombie remake of the classic Halloween horror film series and I will hopefully go to a midnight showing of that.

Okay, so for not having anything to talk about to going on about what movies I want to see this summer… yeah. I am a bit out of it, but still. This summer seems to be pretty packed with good movies. And I know there are some other ones coming out that I didn’t mention… I realize that, but this is just giving you all some insight in what I want to see this summer. Anyway… see you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment